My pride and joy!

My pride and joy!
Apple Picking in Cashmere,WA

Friday, May 20, 2011

The Veggies have been planted..

Wow, what a long day!! Started at 10am and just finishing at 4pm but most of the veggies are happily planted in their new home..
I finally got to use my rota tiller that I have not used in 3 yrs, I was worried I wouldn't get it going but it started and off I went turning over the soil so I could add my peat moss "soil conditioner!"




What I planted today:

  • Walla Walla onions (bought the starters from Molbaks, there were so many I split the bundle with my friend Ashley Fun blog for preschool crafts

Zones: 3 - 9 (-30° F.)
Height: 6 - 10 inches
Spacing: - 6 inches between plants, 12 - 24 inches between rows
Depth: Set outdoors as soon as the soil can be worked. Set plants 2 inches deep for bunching onions, ½ inch deep for standard onions, and 1 inch deep for sets. Space bunching onions 3 – 4 inches apart, standard and sets 4-6 inches apart. Water regularly to avoid
Spread: 3 - 5 inches
Sun/Shade: full sun



  •  Broccoli, and I planted 4 starts (cause that is what I bought the pack in!)
I had to judge the spacing for the pumpkins and squash that I am going to plant because I have to allow for their vines to grow. So I planted the Broccoli on the edge of the garden..





  • Little Jack O Lateran Pumpkins (they will be awesome for fall decorations!!)
These little boys need alot of sun and space.



105 days to grow, they will be done in Sept!


  • Mystery Plant!! I won't tell cause I don't know if this will take cause it's a warm weather veggie..
  
Right now that is it for the garden plot, though I will have to work on the rest of the potatoes next week...

Off to my raised beds :)

  • Planted was Pepper Plot!  JalapeƱo Peppers and regular Peppers..

  • Roma Tomatoes..  
  
 
A view of my raised beds!




Hopefully I can update later and give more detail of everything..

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! That is quite the power tool!!! You are going to have some yummy veggies. Looks good! I need you to come up here and help me with my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished planting the last two potato towers.. Hopefully I am not too late or that the weather warms up..

    ReplyDelete