My pride and joy!

My pride and joy!
Apple Picking in Cashmere,WA

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Different ways to grow potatoes

First of all I would like to thank Mr.Sunshine for finally making his apperance and allowing us to enjoy the warmth of his rays.. It's been a hard few weeks with the constant rain and gloomy days, but I think we are on our way out of that..

Over the weekend I went down to the Grange in Issaquah to pick up starter potatoes. No, you can't just use those potatoes from the store (I wonder why, I should check that out?!?!)
I got a few varieties to grow, though today I just started with one type.

I decided to re-try growing potatoes in a garbage can..This is my first start of potatos until I get my supplies for the potatoe towers..
Potatoe Towers

The Garbage Can

Start with compost and straw as a layer


Matthew layering in the potatoes

Good night Burbank Potatoes

See you soon!

1 comment: