My pride and joy!

My pride and joy!
Apple Picking in Cashmere,WA

Monday, March 12, 2012

Nasty weather makes me wish for the warm summer

The weather today is just plain old Nasty. Cold, pouring rain and windy weather could have made me depressed but instead it made me look forward to the warm weather to come.
This means time to get the seedling started so they are all ready to be planted when the weather warms up.
Once this rain stops I am going to start direct sowing my peas and my lettuce and broccoli as these are cool weather vegtables.
The seeds I am starting today are for warm season vegtables and have a longer growing season so they need to be started earlier so they will be ready before it starts to turn cold in the fall.

Matthew was my awesome helper but to try to get picture of him was almost impossible.


We planted tonight:
Corn, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Sweet Pea Flowers (hoping to have a pretty trellis with them), Walla Walla Onions, Butternut squash, and Pumpkins.














There is much more to come!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. I agree too, I am yearning for the warmer weather. done with winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got snow this morning! I am so ready for at least sunny dry weather.

      Delete