My pride and joy!

My pride and joy!
Apple Picking in Cashmere,WA

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Death of the Seeds!

Well back in early Febuary when we were having a non rainy day, I decided to try out the Planters Pride Heated Greenhouse.

Heated Greenhouse by Planters Pride

Matthew and I got out in the overcast fresh air to plant some "hot weather" plants.
Peppers, Jalepeno Peppers and Walla Walla Onions. These type of plants need to be planted indoors early so they can be transplanted outside once the weather gets warmer.. It's a hit and miss if these veggies will take as it all depends on how warm the summer will be.



Well, last weekend (March 18th) I got really excited with the nice weather and decided to put the peppers and onions outside to get some real sunshine.
That wasn't the smartest idea, as I killed then.. I brought them in and the next morning I found this.


The onions never had a chance anyways.. My neighbor Becky informed me yesterday that you are suppose to plant walla walla onions in the fall, the hunker down for the winter and then start growing in the spring and ready to pick in the late summer..
Well, there is still hope as I will re-attempt the onions in the fall and hope for the best next summer (2012!).

I have now attempted more "seedlings", and growing inside:








No comments:

Post a Comment